Dairy & Pharmaceuticals
APPROVED FOR USE IN HIGHLY SANITARY APPLICATIONS
Sanitary magnetic separation systems are critical for the control of weakly-magnetic metal contamination in the likes of milk powders, lactose, protein powders, infant formula, dairy liquids, and other similar products.
Magnattack® are experienced in foreign body control for highly sanitary applications including casein, whey, skim milk powders (SMP), whole milk powders (WMP), butter milk powders (BMP), milk protein (MPI), lactose, and a large variety of others.
Magnattack® received USDA Dairy acceptance in September 2015 for special models of the Mag-Ram® Self Cleaning Separator, Rapidclean® Grate Magnet, and the Powder Transfer Magnet. In 2019, the Emulsion & Slurry Pipeline Separator also received USDA Acceptance for use in dairy and sensitive liquid applications.
USDA DAIRY ACCEPTED MAGNETS FOR SENSITIVE APPLICATIONS:
Mag-Ram® Self-Cleaning Separator – a self-cleaning separator that is best used in sensitive dairy applications on spray driers or bulk powder packing.
Rapidclean® Easy-Clean Magnetic Grate System – designed to enable safe and effective manual cleaning with the ability to collect and analyze findings. Cleaning is conducted outside of the product stream, greatly reducing recontamination risks and allowing for visual inspection of bars.
Powder Transfer Magnet – highly sanitary pneumatic transfer magnet featuring Acutex® Probe Magnets.
Emulsion & Slurry Pipeline Separator – designed for effective foreign metal fragment control in thick and viscous liquids. Acutex® Probe Magnets ensure minimal resistance to flow and smooth transition of product.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING A MAGNET FOR DAIRY & OTHER SENSITIVE POWDER/LIQUID APPLICATIONS
- Is the magnet of sanitary design and build?
- Is it compliant with USDA specifications?
- Is the cleaning process sanitary and simple to ensure least possible intrusion to product zone?
- Can it be easily accessed for cleaning (if a manual-clean design)?
- In the case of difficult products (such as lactose) what means are taken to prevent build-up and binding of cleaning mechanisms?
- Is the magnet resistant to abrasion?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80®) to ensure longevity and maintaining of magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with proper certification?
Since 2004 Magnattack Global has provided us with solutions to metal fragment control in both supply of equipment and yearly magnet validations. Magnattack is a source of exceptional quality separation systems and pride themselves o...
MJN, Tatura Site
In my 3 years working for Mead Johnson based at Tatura I have dealt with the staff from Magnattack™ Global. They have responded to our Mead Johnson foreign matter mitigation programs with highly innovative, easily cleaned, ...