Snacks & Confectionery
REDUCE RISKS - INCREASE VALUE - PROTECT CONSUMERS
The confectionery industry contains a wide variety of risks where metal fragment contamination can occur – ranging from equipment wear (such as chocolate conches) to contamination in incoming raw materials. Some ingredients such as salt, sugar, and gluten are more likely to contain tiny metal fragments than other ingredients.
Magnets are often installed in jacketed chocolate lines or syrup lines above bulk ingredient discharges, upstream of powder sprinkles, or in ingredient bag dump areas.
By the time the finished product is completed, it is too late to remove any metal contaminants – this means it is critical to ensure magnets are installed in ingredient preparation locations and prior to mixing. Magnets should be installed upstream of final metal detection.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING MAGNETS FOR SNACKS & CONFECTIONARY:
- When used on sticky products, it is essential to ensure the configuration and cleaning methods or mechanisms won’t bind up or be affected by residual.
- Can the magnet be easily and safely accessed for cleaning?
- Does the working temperature of the magnets suit the application?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80™) to ensure longevity and maintaining of magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
MAGNATTACK™ EQUIPMENT BEST SUITED TO SNACK & CONFECTIONARY APPLICATIONS:
- MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separators
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Easy-Clean Grate System
- Spherical Blowline Magnets
- Liquid Pressure Pipeline Separators
- Magnet Filter Combinations
- Separation Shafts
- Probe Magnets
- Grate & Grid Magnets
Patents and patents pending.
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.