Meat Emulsions, Slurries, and Viscous Liquids
ACHIEVE EFFICIENT MAGNETIC SEPARATION IN THICK, VISCOUS LIQUIDS & SLURRIES
It is often difficult to efficiently extract weakly magnetic fragments from viscous meat emulsions. The thick, slurry-like nature of the product can present several issues and problems that can have a detrimental effect on magnetic separation.
- Flow difficulties are often made worse with unintelligent magnet designs restricting the flow
- Captured magnetic fragments can be dislodged by the heavy stream of oncoming product if the magnet design doesn’t allow for maximum retention of the collected magnetics
Inadequate metal fragment controls have many consequences, including contamination of final product, consumer complaints, product recall, financial damage, and damage to brand integrity and reputation.
Recognising a serious problem with existing and conventional magnet technology, the Magnattack™ R&D team recently developed a special hydro-dynamic magnetic separation system specifically for viscous liquids & meat slurries.
RE80™ EMULSION & SLURRY PIPELINE SEPARATOR
The Magnattack™ RE80™ Emulsion & Pipeline Separator features powerful, high-intensity +11,000 Gauss Tear Drop Probe Magnets. These patented Magnets intercept the flow of product and extract physical metal fragments including work hardened stainless steel (originating from equipment wear) and magnetic stone particles.
The hydrodynamic design of this system makes efficient magnetic separation in viscous liquids and slurries a reality.
The Emulsion & Slurry Pipeline Separator has proven to be more sanitary, more effective, and cost-efficient alternative to Liquid Trap Magnets.
BENEFITS & ADVANTAGES
- Ultimate performance and efficient magnetic separation in viscous slurries and emulsified products
- Designed for maximum product-to-magnet contact
- Reduced risk of metal fragments becoming dislodged by oncoming product flow
- Product security and protection of brand reputation
- Easy to clean quickly and properly
- Minimized resistance to product flow and pressure build-up
- Powerful +11,000 Gauss RE80™HT Magnet Technology
- Meat emulsion
- Ground meat products and sausage mince
- Pet food slurries
- Viscous liquids
- Turkey and chicken processing
- Pie fill mixes
The Emulsion & Slurry Pipeline Separator suits products with lumps sized to approximately ½” / 12 mm and is suitable for positive pressure and suction lines.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING MAGNETS FOR EMULSIFIED MEATS & VISCOUS LIQUIDS
- Will the magnet acheive efficient magnetic separation and foreign metal fragment control?
- Does the magnet design reduce risk of metal fragments becoming dislodged by oncoming product flow?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple and effective to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such asRE80™) to ensure longevity and maintaining of magnet strength?
- Is design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockage of viscous material?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
Patents and patents pending.
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
|Round Pipe Separator Technical Data Sheet|
|Achieving Efficient Magnetic Separation in Pet Food Slurries Whitepaper|
|Meat Emulsion & Slurry Pipeline Separator Technical Data Sheet|
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.