RISK ASSESSMENTS & MAGNET VALIDATIONS
THE IMPORTANCE OF INTERNATIONAL HACCP CERTIFIED
MAGNET VALIDATIONS AND RISK ASSESSMENTS
Like metal detectors and x-ray equipment, magnets play a vital role in food safety and contamination control in food processing. In order to maintain maximum separation efficiency and be most effective, magnets need to be not only the right strength, but also need to be positioned correctly in the flow of product, in the right location, and configured to achieve maximum separation efficiency and retainment of foreign metal contamination.
MAGNATTACK™ Global has partnered with Active Magnetics Research Pty. Ltd. (AMR Consulting) to identify and reduce the risk of metal fragment contamination, thereby improving product purity and the overall safety of your products. AMR Consulting coordinates magnet validations worldwide and have extensive experience relating to metal fragment control system design, testing and analysis.
This certified and specialised service by AMR Consulting is achieved by:
- Conducting magnet validations using a calibrated gauss meter traceable to a NATA laboratory, and by providing experienced risk assessments especially tailored for your plant.
- Delivering a quality and informative HACCP certified report on the findings, which includes realistic, practical solutions to any issues found, and also keeping you aware of the latest technology to assist you in maintaining product security and brand protection.
- Supporting in-house verification activities by supplying currently calibrated instruments and providing training and advice. HACCP certified reports for in-house validation activities are available upon request.
- Provision of generic, unbiased specifications for magnet upgrades where indicated and ensuring these are reliable and conform to current food safety standards.
- Risk assessments to address identified areas where possible magnetic contamination may arise and potentially compromise the food safety status of your finished products.
Magnets should be tested yearly in accordance with a HACCP International program and the current 0909MAGSEP 1-2010 Food Safety Standard.
This will ensure they are within specification and effective to critical food safety controls, and any identified causes of demagnetization, damage, or ineffectiveness is flagged and appropriate corrective measures are taken.
MAGNATTACK™ RISK ASSESSMENTS:
MAGNATTACK™ Global can also arrange a site visit to your plant and conduct a valuable risk assessment to determine where and what type of magnetic separation equipment should be included in your lines. This assessment will take into account your process line, ingredient entry/exit points, the type of ingredient processed, tonnage rates, the effectiveness of your current magnets (if any), other metal fragment controls such as metal detectors, and a variety of other critical factors.
For more information or to request a risk assessment, please contact us here.
- AMR Website
- Press release: Reducing metal fragment risk with HACCP certified magnet validations.
Pull testing vs Gauss testing