Bulk Grain Handling - Ship Loading, etc.
PROTECT YOUR PRODUCT - INSTALL SOLUTIONS SPECIFIC TO BULK GRAIN HANDLING
Where large tonnage of grain is required to be checked magnetically, the largest considerations will be coverage and abrasion. Due to large tonnage throughput and fast moving product, it is essential to ensure the product makes as much contact with a large high-strength magnet with very effective retention capabilities for as long as possible.
This key consideration means that low strength magnets, such as plate magnets and rotary drum magnets, likely will not perform to the desired level either in strength or retainability of weakly magnetics such as stone and work hardened stainless steel.
Although MAGNATTACK™ can provide conventional magnets such as the above, our experience in application and adoption of the MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator design means that conventional designs are no longer the preferred option in such applications.
The MAG-RAM™ has very unique and effective anti-abrasion capabilities, including the combination of incremental rotation of rams and large diameter special DURA-SLIK bars – meaning more metal fragments are extracted and retained against large volumes of fast moving product.
In addition, the system can be cleaned instream 1 bar at a time, without the need to stop the flow of the product. Multiple row units are available to ensure the product makes contact with a magnet bar more than once, ensuring optimum separation efficiency is achieved.
Important Considerations when Selecting Magnets for Bulk Grain Applications:
- What has been incorporated into the design of the magnet to reduce abrasion? Note: this is very important for bulk grain applications.
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple and effective to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80™) to ensure longevity and maintenance of magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with proper certification?
MAGNATTACK™ Equipment Best Suited to Bulk Grain Applications:
- The MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator has superseded conventional methods of metal fragment extraction due to the system’s ability to extract not only damaging nuts and bolts, but also large amounts of magnetic stone. The system also has the unique ability to clean swiftly and effectively without the need to stop the process. Due to the highly abrasive nature of bulk grain applications, the MAG-RAM™ incorporates a special anti-abrasion contingency, unique to its type and very effective.
Patents and patents pending.
“We have been working with MAGNATTACK™ for the past decade and have installed multiple mag-ram™ self-cleaning grate magnets throughout our plants. These units have proved very useful in reducing downtime...
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator Technical Data Sheet|
Press Releases & Case Studies
|Metal fragment control for food safety, product security and brand protection - Detecting fine metal fragments. - July 2016|
|High intensity +10,000 Gauss Self-Cleaning Grate Magnets proving effective. - May 2011|
Need a quote? Please fill in the form below and a qualified MAGNATTACK™ technician will be in contact with you as soon as possible.