Flour, Maize & Rice Milling
REDUCING METAL CONTAMINATION RISKS IN FLOUR, MAIZE & RICE MILLING APPLICATIONS
The flour milling industry generally utilises magnets in the following areas (click the links to learn more):
- Intakes and first break – wheat & grain cleaning
- Final packing and bulk outloading
- Gravity bulk outloading
The following grains require DURA-SLIK™ designs to ensure abrasion resistance is maintained and wear on the magnet surfaces is kept to a minimum:
- Dry corn
- Durum wheat
- Hard red and hard white wheat
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING A MAGNET FOR FLOUR & MILLING APPLICATIONS
- Is the magnet resistant to abrasion? What features allow for this to be controlled?
- Can it be accessed easily for frequent cleaning?
- Can the magnet be cleaned easily without risk of injury to the operator?
- Will product-to-magnet coverage (>80% as specified in current HACCP International Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010) be sufficient without causing any blockage?
- Is the magnet certified by HACCP International and compliant to Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010?
- What means are used to reduce demagnetization over time?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certified documentation and compliance certificates?
MAGNETIC SEPARATORS BEST SUITED TO MILLING APPLICATIONS:
- MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Magnetic Grate System
- SPHERICAL Blowline Separator
- Custom solutions - please contact us here
Patents and patents pending.
Bakery - Southern QLD, Australia
"The Magnetic Mat system is a truly awesome development. We used this mat during a period of maintenance and projects in the factory and we were shocked at how much metal was stopped by the Mats, and that didn"t get into the producti...
When I was asked if I would be prepared to make a comment about Magnattack™'s product and service, I said it would be a pleasure. 17 years ago, Magnattack™ supplied us with one of their Spherical Pneumatic transfer magnets. After all t...
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.