Flour, Maize & Rice Milling
PROTECT PRODUCT, BRAND & CONSUMERS BY FOLLOWING CORRECT MAGNETIC SEPARATION PRINCIPLES SPECIFIC TO MILLING OPERATIONS
The flour milling industry generally uses magnets in the following areas:
- Intakes and first break – wheat & grain cleaning:
- Removal of tramp and large metal pieces.
- Prevention of dust explosion caused by metal entering high impact machinery.
- Protection of damage to high impact machinery, e.g. first break roll.
- Read more.
- Protection of whiteners, color sorters (grain/rice), sieve and sifter conditioners, rotary seals, pneumatic transfer lines, etc.
- Read more.
- Final packing and bulk outloading:
- Gravity bag filling.
- Pneumatic transfer lines.
- Read more.
- Gravity bulk outloading.
Why does the SPHERICAL design win over conventional designs on effectiveness?
Strength: 11 - 12,000 gauss spherical element (most bullets and plate systems don’t exceed 7,000 gauss)
Coverage and retention of metal fragments: surface area at the back-side of the SPHERICAL™ element is key to the extraction and retention of weakly-magnetic fragments. The SPHERICAL™’s rounded belly means that the fragments are ‘washed’ around to the back-side of the ball/sphere and are retained behind the flow of the product. In comparison, the bullet magnets have a flat base or flat raised poles which often do not hold tightly enough to weakly-magnetic fragments.
The following grains require DURA-SLIK designs to ensure abrasion resistance is maintained and wear on the magnet surfaces is kept to a minimum:
- Dry corn.
- Durum wheat.
- Hard red and hard white wheat.
Important Considerations when Selecting a Magnet for Flour Milling Applications:
- Is the magnet resistant to abrasion? What features allow for this to be controlled?
- Can it be accessed easily for frequent cleaning?
- Can the magnet be cleaned easily without risk of injury to the operator?
- Will product-to-magnet coverage (+80%) as specified in current HACCP International Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010 be sufficient, without causing any blockage?
- Is the magnet certified by HACCP International and compliant to Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010?
- What means are used to reduce demagnetization over time?
- Is the magnet supplied with proper certified documentation and compliance certificates?
MAGNATTACK™ Equipment Best Suited to Flour Milling:
- MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Magnetic Grate System
- SPHERICAL Blowline Separator
Custom solutions – please contact us here
Patents and patents pending.
Bakery - Southern QLD, Australia
"The Magnetic Mat system is a truly awesome development. We used this mat during a period of maintenance and projects in the factory and we were shocked at how much metal was stopped by the Mats, and that didn’t get into the produc...
When I was asked if I would be prepared to make a comment about Magnattack’s product and service, I said it would be a pleasure. “17 years ago, MAGNATTACK™ supplied us with one of their Spherical Pneumatic transfer magnets....
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator Technical Data Sheet|
|RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnet Technical Data Sheet|
|SPHERICAL™ Pneumatic Transfer Magnet Technical Data Sheet|
Press Releases & Case Studies
Need a quote? Please fill in the form below and a qualified MAGNATTACK™ technician will be in contact with you as soon as possible.