Meat Rendering & Bone Meal
IMPROVE YOUR MEAT MEAL QUALITY THROUGH CONTAMINANT REDUCTION
The integrity of pet and stock feed quality is becoming as high a priority as it is for human food…and so it is the responsibility of both renderers and stock/pet food manufacturers to ensure their product is free from foreign contamination, including the physical hazard of metal. The quality and cleanliness of the product can also determine whether is it sold at a low cost to pig/stock feed manufacturers or at a higher cost to pet food manufacturers…and therefore, can have an enormous effect on the profitability and successfulness of the rendering company involved.
Magnattack™ Magnetic Separators designed for meat and bone meals are effective in removing contamination such as ferrous metal, work-hardened stainless-steel fragments, and magnetic stone.
WHY INCREASE FOREIGN METAL CONTROL?
Reducing the level of physical metal contamination in your meat meal product has many advantages, some of which include:
- Increase product purity, and subsequently, increase product $ value
- Secure long-term relationships and ensure client satisfaction
- Protect brand reputation
- Reduce risk of product recall and consequent financial loss
- Help meet stringent industry and export standards
- Protection of pets and livestock
- Downstream machinery and plant protection
MAGNETIC SEPARATORS SUITED TO RENDERING APPLICATIONS
Magnattack™ RE80™ +11,000 Gauss Magnetic Separators have proven valuable for many meat rendering companies in reducing the level of physical metal contamination in their outgoing product. Common applications for the Magnattack™ range of magnetic separators include:
- Meat and bone meal
- Feather meal
- Poultry meat
- Protein meals
- Other similar by-product/offal applications
- Liquid rendering applications
MAG-RAM™ SELF CLEANING MAGNETIC SEPARATOR
The RE80™ Mag-Ram™ is a versatile and robust automatic self-cleaning grate magnet which provides continuous extraction of metal fragments without the need for operators to halt production.
The Mag-Ram™ is typically installed at raw material intakes after initial screening magnets and at bulk out-loading/packing locations.
Main benefits of the Mag-Ram™ include:
- Helps you achieve a high level of product security and hygienic metal fragment control
- Zero downtime during production for cleaning
- Low, economical, and simple maintenance
- Minimal material build-up and blockage
- Reduces WHS risks caused from cleaning heavy grate magnets
- RE80™ Magnetics and Dura-Slik™ Abrasion-Reduction Technology
- Certified 11,000 gauss minimum
RAPIDCLEAN™ GRATE MAGNET
The RE80™ Rapidclean™ is an easy-to-clean grate magnet that is popular in small meal bag packing applications. With cleaning operation conducted wholly outside of the product zone and the absence of stainless steel sleeves, the Rapidclean™ is a hygienic alternative to conventional sleeved grate magnets.
Rapidclean™ units are available with in-built adjustment to allow for difficult to flow meat and bone meals.
SPHERICAL PNEUMATIC TRANSFER MAGNET
The RE80™ Spherical Magnetic Separator is effective in removing metal contamination from blow, vacuum, gravity, and pneumatic transfer lines. The aerodynamic design of this Magnattack™ system enables efficient extraction of metal from powder lines, without experiencing bulk density problems.
The Spherical Magnet is considered a more hygienic and superior alternative to traditional Bullet Magnets.
LIQUID PRESSURE PIPELINE SEPARATOR
The RE80™ Pressure Pipeline Separator (PPS) is designed to intercept the flow of liquid product lines then extract and retain foreign magnetic fragments. The PPS provides efficient magnetic separation for food safety without leaks, blockage, or distortion, and successfully overcomes many of the issues experienced with conventional Liquid Trap/Finger Pot Magnets.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING MAGNETS FOR MEAT & BONE MEAL APPLICATIONS
- What measures have been taken to compensate for abrasive meat/bone products?
- What design criteria is allowed for to ensure caking and build-up of product does not occur on the magnet surface?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80™) to ensure longevity and maintenance of magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
For enquiries and quotation requests, please scroll upwards and use the form on the right-side of this page or click here to contact us.
INVOLVEMENT IN THE MEAT RENDERING INDUSTRY
We increased our involvement in the meat meal/proteins industry in 2013 after an Australian rendering plant contacted us regarding a metal fragment issue. They were finding small metal pieces in their meat meal and had traced them back to the drenching capsule springs that were in the livestock’s stomach at the time of slaughter. These springs were ground up into very dangerous pieces during the rendering process and needed to be removed to avoid product contamination, recall and potential injury to pets and livestock.
In answer to this Magnattack™ adjusted the Mag-Ram™ Self-Cleaning Separator (which already had much success in flour, grain, and other ingredient applications) to the suit the harsher conditions and product of a meat rendering plant. The units effectively captured the metal contaminants and provided the customers with a much cleaner and safer product, by enabling single bar cleaning during the process – without the need to stop!
In the years following this, the Mag-Ram™ has become very popular in the meat rendering industry with many clients reporting a cleaner and more valuable product than they had previously. Magnattack™ Global also attends and sponsors the bi-annual Australian Renderers Association Symposium.
Patents and patents pending.
"Not only does it save time and labor cleaning the magnet, it is our insurance policy that the product will support our reputation and meet the customer"s expectation, especially overseas. I have only got good things to say about ho...
"We experienced customer issues with metal including drenching capsule spring pieces. Magnattack™ Global assisted us and came up with the MAG-RAM™ system which allowed us to remove these metal contaminants and I have no hesitation in ...
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
|Liquid Pressure Pipeline Separator Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator for Meat Rendering Technical Data Sheet|
|RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnet Technical Data Sheet|
|SPHERICAL™ Pneumatic Transfer Magnet Technical Data Sheet|
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.