Meat Rendering & Bone Meal
IMPROVE YOUR MEAT MEAL QUALITY THROUGH CONTAMINANT REDUCTION
MAGNATTACK™ Global first became involved in the meat meal industry when an Australian rendering plant contacted us regarding a metal fragment issue. They were finding small metal pieces in their meat meal and had traced them back to the drenching capsule springs that were in the livestock’s stomach at the time of slaughter. These springs are ground up into very dangerous pieces during the rendering process and need to be removed to avoid product contamination, recall and potential injury to pets and livestock.
In answer to this MAGNATTACK™ took the MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator (which already had much success in flour, grain, and other ingredient applications), and adjusted it to the suit the harsher conditions and product of a meat rendering plant. The units effectively captured the metal contaminants and provided the customers with a much cleaner and safer product, by enabling single bar cleaning during the process – without the need to stop! The paybacks have been very worthwhile to many rendering plants already.
The Australian Renderers Association (ARA) Symposium brings together industry professionals from all over the world including Europe, NZ, Asia, America, and Australia to discuss current issues and developments in meat rendering.
MAGNATTACK™ have attended the 2015 and 2017 events with metal fragment solutions specially designed for applications within this industry.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING MAGNETS FOR MEAT & BONE MEAL APPLICATIONS:
- What measures have been taken to compensate for abrasive meat/bone products?
- What design criteria is allowed for to ensure caking and build-up of product does not occur on the magnet surface?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80™) to ensure longevity and maintenance of magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
MAGNATTACK™ EQUIPMENT BEST SUITED TO MEAT RENDERING APPLICATIONS:
- MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator – robust, versatile, and strong. Suited to bulk out-loading and pelletising.
- Spherical Blowline Magnet – suited to 4” - 8” (100mm - 200mm) pneumatic transfers.
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnet – small meal bag packing applications. Units available with in-built adjustment to allow for difficult to flow meat and bone meals.
- Liquid Pressure Pipeline Separator – for meat emulsion and viscous liquids.
Patents and patents pending.
“Not only does it save time and labor cleaning the magnet, it is our insurance policy that the product will support our reputation and meet the customer’s expectation, especially overseas. I have only got good things to say abou...
“We experienced customer issues with metal including drenching capsule spring pieces. MAGNATTACK™ Global assisted us and came up with the MAG-RAM™ system which allowed us to remove these metal contaminants and I have no hesitation in recomm...
|Liquid Pressure Pipeline Separator Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator for Meat Rendering Technical Data Sheet|
|RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnet Technical Data Sheet|
|SPHERICAL™ Pneumatic Transfer Magnet Technical Data Sheet|
Press Releases & Case Studies
Need a quote? Please fill in the form below and a qualified MAGNATTACK™ technician will be in contact with you as soon as possible.