Pet Food & Stock Feed
PROTECT YOUR PETS WITH SPECIALISED MAGNET DEVELOPMENTS
Metal contamination is one of the largest causes for petfood recalls.
Like us humans, our furry and feathered friends deserve food that is clean from any dangerous contaminants that could cause injury during consumption.
If effective control measures and metal separation equipment are not utilised in the process line, there is a high risk that food may become contaminated with small, sharp pieces of metal fragments and subsequently trigger a product recall. Along with product recall runs other associated consequences – legal implications, high financial costs, and loss of customer faith in your brand/s.
MAGNATTACK™ has had extensive experience in this field and provide high-intensity solutions for dry, wet, viscous, and free-flowing pet foods.
It is often difficult to extract weakly magnetic fragments from viscous meat emulsion. MAGNATTACK™ have developed a special hydro-dynamic magnet system specifically for this purpose. These units are now being used by major pet food organizations in Australia, New Zealand, France, Russia, Poland, and North America.
MEAT & BONE MEAL INTAKES:
Due to the nature of meat rendering processes, there is inherently large amounts metal contamination in most meat meal products. MAGNATTACK™ have developed a specialized self-cleaning magnet system that continuously removes metal fragments from nuts and bolts, bolus springs, and sharp metal fines prior to entering the pet food processing plant. Units can be installed at bulk intakes (pet food) or at bulk outloading (meat rendering).
PELLETIZER & EXTRUDER PROTECTION:
Pelletizers and extruders are expensive to repair if damaged! MAGNATTACK™ has a range of specially-designed equipment such as probe separators, bars, and grates for use in mash and pet food mixes. These magnets are positioned above extruders to minimise risk of damage caused by metal contamination.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING MAGNETS FOR PETFOOD APPLICATIONS:
- What heat rating does the magnet have and will it be suitable for the temperature of your product?
- What measures have been taken to compensate for abrasive products – e.g. meat & bone meal?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE-80™) to ensure longevity and maintaining of the magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
MAGNATTACK™ EQUIPMENT BEST SUITED TO PET FOOD APPLICATIONS:
- MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator – designed for incoming grain/rendering applications and final dry product applications
- Inline Pressure Pipeline Magnets – ideal for liquids, slurries, and emulsions.
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnets – designed for use on meals and powders. Adjustable designs available to allow for difficult-to-flow materials.
Patents and patents pending.
|Liquid Pressure Pipeline Separator Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator for Meat Rendering Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator Technical Data Sheet|
|RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnet Technical Data Sheet|
|Round Pipe Separator Technical Data Sheet|
Press Releases & Case Studies
Need a quote? Please fill in the form below and a qualified MAGNATTACK™ technician will be in contact with you as soon as possible.