The Magnattack RE80 Mag-Ram Self-Cleaning Separator was a winner in the Innovation Showcase at Process Expo 2017!
Process Expo is North America's largest trade show for the food and beverage industry. Covering a massive 220,000 square feet, the trade show floor was home to over 500 exhibiting companies for 4 days and attracted almost 14,000 industry professionals!
The Mag-Ram was represented by Magnattack Global's distributor for the North American dairy and nutritional sector, Powder-Solutions, Inc., who also displayed the Mag-Ram and other Magnattack magnetic separators in their booth.
A Background On The Innovations Showcase
21 finalists presented cutting-edge technology and equipment to a panel of judges who each held extensive experience in the food processing industry. The finalists had a mere 3 minutes to provide a detailed overview of their equipment and cover off on the innovative design features that it offered.
Marv Deam, CEO of Powder-Solutions, Inc., took to the stage to present the Mag-Ram. Afterwards, Marv said that "three minutes was not a lot of time, but it was enough time to clearly state how beneficial the Mag-Ram Self-Cleaning Magnets can be to any dairy powder processing system".
The judging panel then selected one winner from each of the seven categories:
- Bakery, Grains, Seeds and Snacks
- Confectionary, Candy, and Sweets
- Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
- Pet Foods
- Prepared Foods
The Mag-Ram was awarded the innovation prize in the dairy category.
Why The Mag-Ram Won
The Mag-Ram is a revolutionary development in the self-cleaning grate magnet space, with distinctive innovation in cleaning ability and variables, robust sanitary design, and features that equalize and reduce abrasive wear and seal damage in abrasive situations. In addition, the Mag-Ram has distinct ability to clean in-stream without removing multiple magnets or entire rows of magnets. This offers superior protection to your product. The Mag-Ram's development give it clear distinction in the market place.
Key features & benefits of the Mag-Ram Separator:
- Meets USDA sanitary standards and USDA acceptance certificates can be provided.
- Is certified by HACCP International and conforms to International Magnet Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010.
- Has automatic self-cleaning design, which:
- Eliminates the need for downtime for cleaning as the Mag-Ram has the ability to continuously clean in place, without the need to stop the product flow
- Reduces risks to operator safety – magnetic separators are large, heavy and dangerous for operators to handle. Automatic cleaning eliminates harm to operators caused by lifting and moving the Mag-Ram
- Is sanitary and hygienic – the risk of unintentional human ingress and bacterial contamination is greatly reduced.
- Eliminates spillage – something that regularly occurs when cleaning other types of magnets.
- Has no external moving parts, air cylinders or rams to operate the cleaning function – it is completely sealed and self-contained.
- Enables effective metal fragment control to reduce risk of product recall.
- Uses a magnet configuration that is specifically designed to maximise retention of collected metal fragments so that the risk of re-entry is greatly reduced.
Magnattack Director Kevin Baker said "I am very pleased with the win and thankful to PSI for representing us at the Process Expo. Marv did a great job in such a short time, in highlighting the benefits of Mag-Ram and how it's ahead of its time in sanitary, self-cleaning innovation".
Versatile For Many Applications
The Mag-Ram is a very versatile machine. It has been adapted and changed to suit many types of ingredients and applications across the food processing industry. These include (but are not limited to):
- Dairy, pharmaceuticals and sensitive powders/formulas
- Snacks and confectionery
- Flour, maize, and rice milling
- Spices and condiments
- Seeds and grains
- Bulk grain handling
- Pet food and stock feed
- Meat and bone meal rendering
- Magnetic solutions for dairy, pharmaceuticals and sensitive powders/formulas
- Mag-Ram™ Self Cleaning Magnet Separator
The Mag-Ram is widely patented in Australia, New Zealand, North America, and Europe.