Selecting Magnets For Meat & Bone Meal Applications
The flow properties of meat and bone meal presents a serious challenge to most conventional magnets found in a rendering facility.
This is due to the harsh environments of these facilities, including heat, humidity, fats, dust, abrasive product, and magnets not being designed to cope and thrive in these conditions.
Here are some key points to consider prior to selecting magnets for your meat and bone meal applications:
- What measures have been taken to compensate for abrasive meat/bone products?
- What design criteria is allowed for to ensure caking and build-up of product does not occur on the magnet surface?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80®) to ensure longevity and maintenance of magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
You can find more information on magnetic separators for meat & bone meal on our meat rendering web page here.
If you have questions about controlling foreign metal in your meat rendering plant, don't hesitate to contact our team - we're always ready to help you.
Magnattack® Global - When Reliability Matters