Grate & Grid Magnets
OPTIMIZE COVERAGE AND REDUCE RISK
Magnetic Grates and Grids are a commonly used method of extracting magnetic fragments from hoppers, chutes, ducts, and packing outlets. The grid or grate style configuration allows for the product to 'cascade' through the assembly of high-strength magnetic bars. The product comes in direct contact with the bars and magnetic contamination is 'washed' to the underside of the bars where the contaminants are retained.
Based on certain product types, flow rates, and metal contamination types, consideration should be given to bar diameter, bar spacing and bar construction, abrasion resistance, hygiene, and a number of other factors.
Note: Grate style magnets are not recommended for pneumatic transfer applications where bars are installed transverse to product flow. Other proven methods are far more efficient in blowline and vacuum lines – click here for more information.
MAGNATTACK™ RE80™ GRATES & GRIDS RANGE:
- Square/rectangular grates.
- Circular grates.
- Grates in housing.
- Center-support style grates (square/circular).
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Easy-Clean Advanced Grate System.
- Self-Cleaning Grate Magnets.
Custom built grates to suit your individual application – please contact us.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- RE80™ +10,000 gauss magnet technology ensures high-strength and quality.
- Easy removal and cleaning.
- Push tool cleaning options available.
- No frame options – easy cleaning and less obstruction to flow.
- Lightweight and safe for operators to handle, remove, and clean.
- Certified by HACCP International for use in sensitive food safety applications.
INSTALLS & APPLICATIONS:
- Free-flowing products.
- Dry products such as coffee, rice, grain, flour, seeds, sugar, spices, etc.
- Wet products such as fruit, vegetables, salad mixes, coleslaws, etc.
- Inlet and outlet of hoppers.
- Base of chutes / ducting.
- Lift-out style for conical hoppers and outlets accessible from above.
- Above packers on packing outlets.
- Sifter discharges.
- Before high impact and damage susceptible machinery – may be used to reduce risk of dust explosion caused by high impact machinery (e.g. in flour milling applications).
MAGNATTACK™ GRATES IN HOUSING:
- Double row of removable grate drawers.
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Easy-Clean Grate systems.
- MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Grate magnets.
MAGNATTACK™ RAPIDCLEAN™ ADVANCED GRATE SYSTEM:
- Designed to reduce WHS & OSHA risks associated with removing and cleaning grates.
- Low maintenance and easy to inspect collected foreign metal fragments.
- Cleaning outside of the product zone to avoid accidental re-contamination.
- Swing-out for low headroom applications.
- Swing-over design for effective and efficient cleaning.
- USDA Dairy Accepted.
- Read more.
MAGNATTACK™ MAG-RAM™ SELF-CLEANING GRATE:
- Continuous self-cleaning reduces operator cleaning schedules and ensures zero downtime during production for cleaning runs.
- Suitable for installation in hard-to-access locations where cleaning may pose operator safety risks.
- Sanitary – eliminate the potential for human ingress and bacterial contamination during manual cleaning.
- USDA Dairy Accepted.
- Read more.
For more information please fill out the Proposal Form on the side of this page or contact us here.
Caution: persons with cardiac pacemakers or other sensitive devices implanted in their bodies should not come within 300mm/12” of magnets. Read full safety warning here.
Fully compliant with HACCP International Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010 for peace of mind and assurance of quality.
Patents approved and patents pending.
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
|Grate & Grid Magnets Technical Data Sheet (Coming Soon)|
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.