Baking Ingredients & Applications
KNOW YOUR RISKS - CONTROL YOUR RISKS!
The baking industry generally consists of three (3) main applications for magnets throughout the process:
- Incoming flour blowlines
- Minor dry ingredients and mixing
- Minor liquid ingredients and mixing
MAGNATTACK™ have a range of simple yet compliant designs specifically suited to bakery applications for the above 3 areas, adding most variables to these applications.
INCOMING FLOUR BLOWLINES:
The MAGNATTACK™ Spherical Pnuematic Transfer Magnet is the preferred method of choice for incoming flour blowlines because of its very innovative and effective design, ease of cleaning, and ability to enable bakeries to properly control metal fragment contamination.
Using >11,000 gauss elements, tiny weakly-magnetic fragments such as magnetic stone particles, work hardened stainless steel, and magnetic dust are extracted before the product can enter the baking process. The Spherical Magnet is fully compliant with current HACCP standards.
MINOR DRY INGREDIENTS & MIXING:
Minor dry ingredients are often overlooked when the mixing process is undertaken, however it is a common source of magnetic contamination in baking products. MAGNATTACK™ Global have a range of magnet systems such as the RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnet that are installed at bag tipping locations to extract foreign metal bodies before they enter the mixing process. Conveyor and batching systems incorporating a magnet can be provided as complete kits – ask us how!
MINOR LIQUID INGREDIENTS & MIXING:
Minor liquid ingredients are frequently used in the baking industry and are often a source of metal fragment contamination. MAGNATTACK™ have developed a simple but very effective 'bolt on' means of protecting against fragments in liquids. The Pallecon Outlet/Tote Magnet is the ideal solution for extracting metal contamination using proven magnetic separation principles and complying 11,000 gauss magnetics.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING MAGNETS FOR BAKING INGREDIENTS & APPLICATIONS:
- Will the magnet be positioned in a location that will help identify where metal fragments are coming from (i.e. suppliers of raw material)?
- Does the working temperature of the product suit the temperature rating of the magnet?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80™) to ensure longevity and maintaining of magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
MAGNATTACK™ EQUIPMENT BEST SUITED TO BAKING APPLICATIONS:
- RAPIDCLEAN™ Grate Magnet.
- SPHERICAL Pneumatic Transfer Magnet.
- Pallecon Outlet/Tote Magnet
Custom magnetic separators to suit individual applications. Please contact us for more information.
Patents and patents pending.
Bakery - Southern QLD, Australia
"The Magnetic Mat system is a truly awesome development. We used this mat during a period of maintenance and projects in the factory and we were shocked at how much metal was stopped by the Mats, and that didn"t get into the producti...
When I was asked if I would be prepared to make a comment about MAGNATTACK™'s product and service, I said it would be a pleasure. 17 years ago, MAGNATTACK™ supplied us with one of their Spherical Pneumatic transfer magnets. After all t...
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.