Flour, Maize & Rice Milling
REDUCING METAL CONTAMINATION RISKS IN FLOUR, MAIZE & RICE MILLING APPLICATIONS
The flour milling industry generally utilises magnets in the following areas (click the links to learn more):
- Intakes and first break – wheat & grain cleaning
- Final packing and bulk outloading
- Gravity bulk outloading
The following grains require Dura-Slik® designs to ensure abrasion resistance is maintained and wear on the magnet surfaces is kept to a minimum:
- Dry corn
- Durum wheat
- Hard red and hard white wheat
- Is the magnet resistant to abrasion? What features allow for this to be controlled?
- Can it be accessed easily for frequent cleaning?
- Can the magnet be cleaned easily without risk of injury to the operator?
- Will product-to-magnet coverage (>80% as specified in current HACCP International Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010) be sufficient without causing any blockage?
- Is the magnet certified by HACCP International and compliant to Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010?
- What means are used to reduce demagnetization over time?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certified documentation and compliance certificates?
- Patents and patents pending.