Sugar & Salt
RUGGED, DEPENDABLE DESIGNS FOR HIGHLY ABRASIVE & STICKY APPLICATIONS
Due to the highly abrasive nature of sugar and salt, equipment in these plants needs to be robust and sturdy against damage and wear.
Magnattack® has had much experience in this application, with equipment proven to last well over a decade. The Dura-Slik® abrasion-resistant RE80® magnetic bars and elements are able to withstand the harsh abrasiveness of the product, reduce residue build-up, and ensure maximum retention efficiency of captured metal contamination.
Magnattack® have addressed all of these concerns in the sugar and salt industry with the development of Rapidclean® Grate Magnets, Spherical Blowline Magnets and Liquid Pressure Pipeline Separator Magnets.
These designs reflect decades of experience in reducing and solving the issues mentioned, which (until now) have been so prevalent in this industry.
COMMON APPLICATIONS FOR MAGNETS IN THE SUGAR & SALT INDUSTRY:
Click the below links to learn more about magnets in that application:
Gravity-fed applications for dry product – bag filling, tote filling, bag dumps, hopper discharges, etc.
Pneumatic transfer applications – truck unloading and bulk transfer.
Liquid sugar and brine – ingredients transfer.
- Is the design corrosion resistant?
- What has been included in the design of the magnet to allow for easy cleaning of sticky build-up?
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80®) to ensure longevity and maintaining the magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
Rapidclean® Easy-Clean Grate magnets – suited to granular products and sticky materials.
Spherical Blowline magnets – suited to high-velocity granulated products.
High-Intensity Liquid Pressure Pipeline magnets – for brine and syrups.
- Grate & Grid magnets
- Patents and patents pending.