MAG-RAM™ Automatic Self-Cleaning Magnet Solutions
A REVOLUTION IN THE MAGNETIC SEPARATION WORLD
The MAGNATTACK™ Self-Cleaning MAG-RAM™ system has been a major breakthrough in food industry magnetics enabling effective, fast, hygienic, and efficient cleaning of a grate magnet – without the need to stop the process!
Each magnet is the Ram of a pneumatic cylinder. This means no 'walking' or 'jamming' when attempting to clean multiple bars simultaneously, as is the case with conventional designs attempting to coordinate two air cylinders to pull a bank of magnet bars through a common wiper. The conventional cleaning method has always been troublesome and difficult to achieve success. The MAG-RAM™ design, however, permits the use of tight wiper seals which ensures the greatest versatility of control and highly efficient magnet cleaning is achieved.
The MAGRAM™ helps reduce risk to final product security with the effective extraction of magnetic foreign body contamination such as tramp metal, work hardened stainless steel and stone, and fine metal fragments...beyond the limitations of metal detectors.
MORE ON HOW THE MAGRAM™ WORKS
- Automatic cleaning options to suit each application, product, and tonnage rate. Controls can be configured to clean magnets before, during, or after production runs.
- Stand-alone automatic controls in an IP-rated stainless steel enclosure or PLC pneumatic controls.
- Instream or batch cleaning: option to clean 1 (one) or more Rams at a time as per customers PLC controls. Removing only 1 Ram at a time is recommended as it leaves all others protecting the product during instream cleaning.
- The working mechanism of the Ram action is fully enclosed within the cylinder to eliminate external mechanical pinch points, prevent adverse external factors such as dust and grime from reducing the mechanical efficiency, and provide a more sanitary design.
- The ability to utilize optional contingencies as a retrofit to allow for a large variety of situations.
- Option to add Ram vibrator and simple magnetics take off venturi to transfer magnetics to a remote collection point.
KEY BENEFITS & FEATURES:
- Continuous extraction of magnetic Rams ensure zero downtime during production for cleaning and also guarantee contaminants are safely removed from the product flow.
- Safe – reduce risk of WHS issues experienced when cleaning heavy grates
- Sanitary – eliminate the potential for human ingress and bacterial contamination during manual cleaning.
- Easy collection of metal extractions for analysis.
- Extremely hygienic due to the absence of sleeves, which inherently build up with unclean product residual.
- Low, economical, and simple maintenance.
- Innovative design allows for excellent and calculated product stream coverage for optimum separation and cleaning efficiency.
- Powered by proven ultra-high energy RE80™ and RE80™HT Magnetics, exceeding 11,000 gauss surface strength.
- Special DURA-SLIK™ option prevents rapid abrasive wear on the surface of the magnets and prevents product sticking to the magnet. This results in a longer life span of the magnets and also saves downtime due to reduced maintenance.
- Incremental rotation of Ram serves to minimize material build-up and blockage.
APPLICATIONS & INSTALL OPTIONS:
- Ideal for dairy, powders, meat meal, grain, bulk wheat product, flour, cereals, etc.
- Excellent for bulk intakes and raw materials following initial screening and bulk outloading applications - 1TPH to 800TPH
- Install in difficult to access locations
- ICEX/ATEX options available for intrinsically safe and hazardous areas.
For more information please fill out the Proposal Form on the side of this page or contact us here.
Caution: persons with cardiac pacemakers or other sensitive devices implanted in their bodies should not come within 300mm/12” of magnets. Read full safety warning here.
USDA Dairy Accepted.
Fully compliant with HACCP International Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010 for peace of mind and assurance of quality.
Patents approved and patents pending.
We have been working with MAGNATTACK™ for the past decade and have installed multiple MAG-RAM™ self-cleaning grate magnets throughout our plants. These units have proved very useful in reducing downtime ca...
"Not only does it save time and labor cleaning the magnet, it is our insurance policy that the product will support our reputation and meet the customer"s expectation, especially overseas. I have only got good things to say about ho...
"We experienced customer issues with metal including drenching capsule spring pieces. MAGNATTACK™ Global assisted us and came up with the MAG-RAM™ system which allowed us to remove these metal contaminants and I have no hesitation in recommen...
Since 2004 Magnattack Global has provided us with solutions to metal fragment control in both supply of equipment and yearly magnet validations. Magnattack is a source of exceptional quality separation systems and pride themselves o...
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator for Dairy Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator for Meat Rendering Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator Technical Data Sheet|
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.