Mag-Ram™ Automatic Self-Cleaning Grate Magnet
A REVOLUTION IN THE MAGNETIC SEPARATION WORLD
The Magnattack™ Automatic Self-Cleaning Mag-Ram™ Magnetic Separator has been a breakthrough in food industry magnetics by enabling rapid, hygienic, and efficient cleaning of a grate magnet…without the need to stop the process!
This automatic cleaning grate magnet reduces risk to final product security with the effective extraction of magnetic foreign body contamination such as tramp metal, work hardened stainless steel and stone, and fine metal fragments.
The Mag-Ram™ can be cleaned before, during, and after production runs.
OVERCOMING ISSUES WITH CONVENTIONAL GRATE MAGNET DESIGNS
Each magnet is the Ram of a pneumatic cylinder. This means no 'walking' or 'jamming' when attempting to clean multiple bars simultaneously, as is the case with conventional designs attempting to coordinate two air cylinders to pull a bank of magnet bars through a common wiper. The conventional cleaning method has always been troublesome and difficult to achieve success. The Mag-Ram™ design, however, permits the use of tight wiper seals which ensures the greatest versatility of control and highly efficient magnet cleaning is achieved.
The Mag-Ram is also extremely hygienic, due to the absence of stainless-steel sleeves which inherently build up with unclean product residual.
KEY BENEFITS & FEATURES
- Zero downtime - continuous extraction of magnetic Rams eliminates the need to stop production for cleaning
- Safe – reduce risk of WHS issues experienced when cleaning heavy grates
- Sanitary – eliminate the potential for human ingress and bacterial contamination during manual cleaning
- Easy collection of metal extractions for analysis
- Minimal material build-up and blockage – achieved by the incremental rotation of magnetic Rams
- Low, economical, and simple maintenance
- Maximum product stream coverage for optimum separation and cleaning efficiency
- Superior separation efficiency and product purity
- Safe removal of metal contamination including work-hardened stainless-steel and stone
- Prevention of damage to downstream processing equipment
- Protect brand reputation and integrity
- High-intensity RE80™ and RE80™HT magnet elements
- Certified to +11,000 Gauss
- Dura-Slik™ Abrasion-Reduction Technology to reduce wear in harsh applications. This results in a longer lifespan of the magnets and saves downtime due to reduced maintenance
CLEANING OPTIONS & OPERATION
- Automatic cleaning options to suit each application, product, and tonnage rate
- Controls can be configured to clean magnets before, during, or after production runs
- Stand-alone automatic controls in an IP-rated stainless-steel enclosure or PLC pneumatic controls
- Instream or batch cleaning: option to clean 1 (one) or more Rams at a time as per customers PLC controls. Removing only 1 Ram at a time is recommended as it leaves all others protecting the product during instream cleaning
- The working mechanism of the Ram action is fully enclosed within the cylinder to eliminate external mechanical pinch points, prevent adverse external factors such as dust and grime from reducing the mechanical efficiency, and provide a more sanitary design
- Ability to utilize optional contingencies as a retrofit to allow for a large variety of situations
- Option to add Ram vibrator and simple magnetics take off venturi to transfer magnetics to a remote collection point
APPLICATIONS & INSTALL OPTIONS
- Dry ingredients such as powder, meat meal, pet food, grain, bulk wheat product, flour, cereals, etc.
- USDA accepted models available for dairy and lactose powders, pharmaceutical powders, infant formulas, and other sensitive products
- ICEX/ATEX options available for intrinsically safe and hazardous areas
- The Mag-Ram™ is typically installed:
- 1 – 800 TPH (tons per hour)
- At bulk intakes
- Raw materials following initial screening
- Bulk out loading locations
- In difficult to access locations
- Prior to metal detectors (reduce rejection rate)
- Prior to expensive processing equipment (reduce damage and downtime for repair)
Certified by HACCP International. Fully compliant with HACCP International Food Safety Standard 0909MAGSEP 1-2010 for peace of mind and assurance of quality.
USDA Dairy Accepted.
Widely Patented – Australia, NZ, USA, Europe.
Caution: persons with cardiac pacemakers or other sensitive devices implanted in their bodies should not come within 300mm/12” of magnets.
Are you serious about food safety? Do you need maximum control over foreign metal?
Since 2004 Magnattack Global has provided us with solutions to metal fragment control in both supply of equipment and yearly magnet validations. Magnattack is a source of exceptional quality separation systems and pride themselves o...
We have been working with Magnattack™ for the past decade and have installed multiple MAG-RAM™ self-cleaning grate magnets throughout our plants. These units have proved very useful in reducing downtime ca...
"Not only does it save time and labor cleaning the magnet, it is our insurance policy that the product will support our reputation and meet the customer"s expectation, especially overseas. I have only got good things to say about ho...
"We experienced customer issues with metal including drenching capsule spring pieces. Magnattack™ Global assisted us and came up with the MAG-RAM™ system which allowed us to remove these metal contaminants and I have no hesitation in ...
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator for Dairy Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator for Meat Rendering Technical Data Sheet|
|MAG-RAM™ Self-Cleaning Separator Technical Data Sheet|
We’re always ready to help. Email us here and a Magnattack® technician will reach out shortly to discuss your requirements.