Seeds & Grains
PROTECT MACHINERY - PROTECT CONSUMERS - PROTECT BRANDS
MAGNETIC SEPARATION SYSTEMS ARE COMMONLY USED IN SEED & GRAIN CLEANING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Removal of tramp and large metal pieces.
- Prevention of dust explosion caused by metal entering high impact machinery.
- Protection of damage to high impact machinery, e.g. first break roll.
Commonly used magnets include plate magnets, hump magnets and drum magnets. Due to excessive wear and abrasion of grain, grate style magnets were not usually considered effective – until the development of the MAG-RAM™ Self Cleaning Separator.
This design removes the need for any of the above mentioned designs. The low profile system needs very little headroom, has built in contingencies for anti-abrasion with the special DURA-SLIK™ Ram design, and the ever-changing contact point on the bars. View the MAG-RAM™ page here.
The following grains require DURA-SLIK™ designs to ensure abrasion resistance is maintained and wear on the magnet surfaces is kept to a minimum:
- Dry corn
- Durum wheat
- Hard red and hard white wheat
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SELECTING MAGNETS FOR SEED & GRAIN APPLICATIONS:
What has been incorporated into the design of the magnet to reduce abrasion? Note: this is very important for seed & grain applications.
- Is the magnet design sanitary and compliant?
- Is the magnet simple to clean and maintain?
- Does the separator assembly comprise of high grade magnetics (such as RE80™) to ensure longevity and maintaining the magnet strength?
- What design criteria is in place to ensure effective magnetic separation is achieved without blockages?
- What means are taken to ensure magnet strength is maintained over time?
- Does the magnet comply with current HACCP and best practice standards (e.g. 0909MAGSEP 1-2010)?
- Is the magnet supplied with adequate certification?
MAGNATTACK™ EQUIPMENT BEST SUITED TO SEED & GRAIN APPLICATIONS:
MAG-RAM™ Self Cleaning Separator – these magnets have superseded conventional extraction methods due to the system’s ability to clean itself quickly and efficiently, without the need to stop the flow of grain. Special anti-abrasion features incorporated into the design are another advantage.
RAPIDCLEAN™ Easy-Clean Hygienic Magnetic Grate System – a lower cost alternative to self-cleaning magnets, whilst still allowing metal fragments to be collected and retained for analysis.
Custom solutions – please contact us here.
Patents and patents pending.
We have been working with Magnattack™ for the past decade and have installed multiple MAG-RAM™ self-cleaning grate magnets throughout our plants. These units have proved very useful in reducing downtime ca...
Documents & Technical Data Sheets
Press Releases & Case Studies
Talk to a metal fragment control expert or request a quotation today! Simply fill out the email form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.